Monday, December 27, 2010

12/27 - Why Will Smith?


First - my opening line. If you know Will Smith, or anyone who knows him and can get him this message, would you and your family consider looking at a modern day "Ten Commandments" script, would you have him contact dean@dreamersempire.com?

OK - 12/27 Why Will Smith?

In truth, I can't recall exactly how he came to mind. But when it did, I was so enamored with it that it felt inspired. Think about him doing a modern day Moses, does it sound right? I'm sure people will feel differently on it, but let me ask this, who do you see as Moses? My gut says its Will, all the way. My favorite Will Smith performance was in "Pursuit of Happyness." He captures so much in that film, especially desperation and humility. The desperation was there for most of the film, and the humility came when he landed the job. Wow, I'm surprised he didn't win an Academy Award for that role.

Another reason is his family values, and his family. I have had Will, Jada and Jaden in the film for quite a while. In truth I didn't know much about Willow until recently and once I saw her perform I knew exactly where she would fit. This family demonstrates what so few in Hollywood have ever done, a cohesive family supporting one another and working together.

Tomorrow I'll start talking about my script.

No comments:

Post a Comment